Black Friday is only 3 weeks away. Do you have your holiday sales strategy in place? As a small business owner, it can feel overwhelming trying to “compete” with all of the sales and noise out there but your core audience is listening – I promise!
Here are 5 ways to keep your audience in the loop of your holiday promotions:
- Choose one to two items to promote. Trying to “sell” too many items confuses potential buyers.
- Schedule social media and email campaigns in advance. This year the buying season is uniquely short so offering “advance” sales will help with conversions this holiday season.
Here is a sample schedule:
November 18 – Promote list building on your social channels by telling followers that advance sale announcements will be sent to the email list first!
November 22 – Announce Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Small Business Saturday Sales – to email list only (keep your promise) and send them an extra bonus.
November 23 – Announce Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Small Business Saturday Sales to social channels
November 24 – November 28 – Count down to the sale
November 28 – Thanksgiving
November 29 – Black Friday
November 30 – Small Business Saturday
December 2 – Cyber Monday
- Talk about it! I mean go Live on IG and talk about your sale. I know going Live can be intimidating but that face-to-face interaction helps your buyers remember they are purchasing from a person.
- Choose a promotion that benefits you and the consumer. Basically, pick something people want.
- DO NOT wait until the last minute to plan your promotion and remember your email list is the most important tool in your arsenal. It is the only item you have complete control over.
Good luck surviving this holiday season. Stay caffeinated and organized!